Thursday, September 10, 2020

Review: Devil's Night by Curtis M. Lawson




Disclaimer: I received a copy of Devil's Night from author Curtis M. Lawson in exchange for a honest review of the book. All opinions are my own.

I knew nothing of the tradition of Devil's Night or the folklore of the Nain Rouge or the Hobo Pig Lady, so I was instantly intrigued by the concept of this story. I was hooked by the end of the prologue Lawson wove to capture the mood of the book and knew I wouldn't go to sleep until I finished reading the whole book that night. 

The stories were scary, original, and fit together seamlessly for this book. Some were full of heart (D20) and some were truly heartbreaking (Through Hell for One Kiss).  Even when I thought I could guess the ending of the story, I was thrown for a loop. To have this many stories take place all over one city in one night, takes a masterful grasp of story telling, and Curtis Lawson has it.




5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtiers: Intrigue, Ambition, and the Power Players Behind the House of Windsor by Valentine Low

For its entire history, the British monarchy has relied on its trusted courtiers—the unseen advisers who handle both the forward public-faci...