Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Review: The Havoc Tree by Layden Robinson


 
Disclaimer: I read this book through my own Kindle Unlimited subscription, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

The Havoc Tree is the perfect name for this book of ten short stories by Layden Robinson. The stories had very little in way of a coherent path to follow. It is a collection of bizarro, rapid-fire poetic prose that at times left me at times wondering what the hell I just read and wondering what kind of acid trip hedonism I would find in the next story. I can honestly say I've never read anything like Layden's work before .

I look forward to reading more of Layden's work in the future if they are all as manic, creepy, and as crazy as The Havoc Tree.


3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtiers: Intrigue, Ambition, and the Power Players Behind the House of Windsor by Valentine Low

For its entire history, the British monarchy has relied on its trusted courtiers—the unseen advisers who handle both the forward public-faci...