Sunday, September 11, 2022

Review: Haunted and Hungry by AJ Spencer


 Haunted and Hungry is a highly entertaining collection of five short stories that were perfect bite size horror stories. It is hard to find a collection where each of the stories are fun and refreshingly original, not relying on the same tired formats. Even when I attempted to predict the direction the story was going, I was completely far off the mark.

This collection is perfect for the beginning horror reader in the late teens all the way up to the seasoned horror fan looking for some fun quick frights. I’ve seen other reviews that say that H&H reminded them of the Goosebumps stories and shows, and I agree, but I’d also recommend it to fans who were into the Tales from the Darkside series back in the day.

I thoroughly enjoyed AJ Spencer’s work in this collection, and I look forward to reading more of his work in the future.

 

4/4 Stars

Thank you to the author for providing me with a review copy of his book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtiers: Intrigue, Ambition, and the Power Players Behind the House of Windsor by Valentine Low

For its entire history, the British monarchy has relied on its trusted courtiers—the unseen advisers who handle both the forward public-faci...