Saturday, July 24, 2021

Review: Dismal Dreams by Red Lagoe


 In her sophomore collection Dismal Dreams, Red Lagoe has assembled thirteen unique, thought-provoking stories sure to haunt your dreams. I have had the pleasure to read some of the stories contained in this collection in other publications, but Red was right to bring them back into this collection. All the stories balanced each other well. Standout stories for me in this collection were:

 

Dismal Dreams- Our title story took a turn that I was not anticipating. Dark and disturbing

The Creation of Man- A creative and fresh take on the familiar story of Adam and Eve.

Valentine’s Day- The lengths one will go to save themselves in a life-or-death situation

One Year Anniversary- I originally read this story in Slashertorte and it has stuck with me ever since. So good! This story comes in a close second as my favorite of Red’s writing.

Doll House- Hands down, my favorite story that Red has written. Super dark and gritty. I can’t rave about it enough.

 

You can’t go wrong with Dismal Dreams, there is something for every flavor of horror fan.


5/5 Stars

Thank you to the author for providing me with a copy of the book to read and review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Courtiers: Intrigue, Ambition, and the Power Players Behind the House of Windsor by Valentine Low

For its entire history, the British monarchy has relied on its trusted courtiers—the unseen advisers who handle both the forward public-faci...